Friday, August 4, 2017

My Shepherd




I am the good shepherd: I know my sheep… John 10:14 NIV

What a comforting verse this is. Not only does Jesus recognize me as one of his flock, but he intimately knows me. He knows what makes me happy, what is challenging for me. He knows my desires and prayers. No human can ever know me as closely and fully as Jesus does. I can rest in the knowledge that he will always be watching over me, making sure that I am safe spiritually.  He may let me be pushed further than I would like,  but he won’t let me be pushed over the edge.

I had a stressful day a little while ago and as I lay in bed I could feel my chest aching. In my head, I knew that I didn’t need to be anxious but my body was still reacting in a fearful way. It was a bit of an odd experience because I was feeling pretty analytical about it. How could I get my body in line with my mind? God has such a sense of humour.  His solution was for me to have some chocolate as I read my book. No delving into Scripture or singing spiritual songs.  Nope, just a little chocolate.  It worked really quickly, and soon I was able to go to sleep without the ache in my heart. Jesus doesn’t just know my spirit, he also knows my body . Thank you, Jesus, my sweet shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment